Welcome to November Issue of Choutari
World Teachers’ Day 2014: Invest in Teachers, Invest in Future
Having the right academic degrees on the subjects we want to teach doesn’t make us effective teachers. We also need to involve in professional development activities such as mentoring, training, publication, researches, interaction, and networking within our professional community.
Teachers’ involvement in professional development program not only enhances their capacity, but it also ultimately contributes in improving the quality of education as a whole. This fact was implied in the theme of The World Teachers’ Day 2014 last month–“Invest in Teachers, Invest in Future.”
Teachers and educators have contributed five different pieces of their writings for the November issue of Choutari. Here’s the navigation list of the blog entries included for November.
- World Teachers’ Day 2014: Investing in Teachers, by Praveen Kumar Yadav
- How mentoring helped me become an effective teacher today , by Camila Licchesi
- Too many knowers? by Shyam Sharma
- Hiding the Gold Coins: A reflection on a Choutari Writing Workshop for teachers, by Umes Shrestha
- How can effectiveness of In-Service Teacher Training be maximized?, by Jeevan Karki
We hope you find the articles insightful, interactive and interesting to read. We’d be grateful to our valued readers if you could please share your comments/views on the blog posts you have read, SHARE the ideas with the community, and press LIKE buttons on social media.
We wish you all a very Happy World Teachers’ Day 2014.